virus: Camel Warriers Got A Point to Prove, or In response to Seb's Semi tic Semiotics

From: Steele, Kirk A (SteeleKA@nafm.misawa.af.mil)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 16:16:47 MST

well, to start off with, the semetic peoples do have a few of their own
special gentic disorders. Point of example, Tay-Sachs. These kind of
conditions only come about through repeated inbreeding. In breeding was
prevalant until recently in that culture. For that matter a lot of the near
east practiced it until recently. Well, so did the monarchies of Europe,
ergo that vitamin K deficiency known as the Royal Disease, Hemophelia.

so, there is an established and extensive history of inbreeding in the
culture. What does this leave us with to consider?

Well, one could ask what effects does inbreeding have on centralized
tendancies in behavior. In order to do that one need to differentiate
between genetic effects and the effects of enculturative scripting.

Genetic effects can account for many determinisms in behavior. But they
won't account for the person actualizing more than a few behavioral traits
in and of themself. Schizophrenia accounts for Mohameds genesis of Islam.
His 600 plus visions and visitations where he specifically describes the
perceptual sequela of the onset and progression of the disorder.

I recently conducted a literature survey for cultural affectations of the
Japanese culture in an effort to delineate the determinant scripting that
would account for the overal tendancy of the people to discredit mental
health care. I found myself waling down a not oft tread path, the likes of
which could only be described by a poem of Robert Frost. And I am the better
for it. There is a idea I proposed for the introduction into clinical
psychology that usually stops at the confines of social psychology. That is
that the actual physical environment forms the primary script from which a
society's behavioral norms arise. This perspective needs to be remembered at
all times when assessing and evaluating a particular and often times, unique
cultural behavior. The physical environment shapes the emergence of a
cultural behavioral norm.

Aggression arises from unconstrained competition. Being in a tribal
environment alone won't account for it. Being in a sometimes noisey dessert,
alone won't account for it. Being in a wide open space, that is hostile to
human habitation, where the resources are scare and the only plentiful
commodity is the continuation of the horizon over the next sand dune, by a
people with no stable lifestyle, who compete amongst themselves to survive,
hm...... compete amongst themselves for survival.
Then they are given a belief system that not only condones violoence but
requires it in the name of ideological competition, we begin to see the
origins of a cultrual script that fosters violence as a required societal
norm.

Scarce Resources
Competitive Urge

        Wide Open Spaces
        Nomadic Behavior

                Schizophenic God
                Unstable Values

The unforgiveing nature of the environment in which the society was
enculturated gives rise to the acceptance of the fickle nature of life.
People are born, people die, with realtively no direct causation on the part
of the individual. That is, there is little, if any perceived internal
agency perceived in the cycle of life. The sands can take an entire family
in one night without warning or notice. So why can't it be just to take the
same family in the name of ideological defense?