Re:virus: purely metaphysical

From: David Lucifer (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 23:45:08 MST

[quote author=athe nonrex link=board=16;threadid=11635;start=0#40788 date=1016488526]
but the existence of \"god\" or \"gods\" is not dependant on it/them doing anything at all. the one requirement of existance is simply being. and since we cannot see *god* or *gods* one must logically conclude that there is insufficent information to make a definite conclusion as to the existance of such beings.[/quote]
I use a different definition of existence. To exist, something must have its pattern manifested in matter and/or energy. Everthing that exists is theoretically detectable because it necessarily affects the universe. Anything that is (by definition) undetectable also (by definition) does not exist.

Moreover, an idea about something is not the same as something. The idea of unicorns and gods exist, but the referents do not.

----
This message was posted by David Lucifer to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11635>