Re: virus: purely metaphysical

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 09:11:14 MST

[Bill Roh]Well, I am happy that you find nature worthy of worship, I am sure
it gives you satisfaction - and I am saying that in a friendly way. For me
though, I really see no difference between worshiping nature/dancing for
rain, then praying to a Christian god. The only difference I see is in the
worshipers themselves. I prefer, for the most part, the nature style. I have
a love for the ecosystem, but it does not "feel" magical in any way. Just
the system of which I am a part.

[Mermaid]Gotcha! Although there is just one thing. I do not worship nature.
I was trying to see if I can sell the case for nature worship as I find it
distinctly different from monotheism/polytheism etc. The last time I danced
in the rain, it was over a decade ago and I caught pneumonia. So, I doubt if
nature worship will give me satisfaction unless I got myself a doctor with a
very large *ding*.<Reference: Monty Python's "I bet you they wont play this
song on the radio...">

[Bill Roh]In some cases yes they did. But there was plenty of bloodshed as
well back then - religion didnt discover violence in it's name just now.

[Mermaid]True. That's why religion has transformed in the most horrible way
as time grew. I could go on and on about religion, but I suspect that I have
wasted far too much time over the dissection and the pondering of a subject
that obviously does not turn me on. So...signing off now. Take care.