Re:virus: purely metaphysical

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:45:26 MST

[athe nonrex 1]
[hermit 2]

[athe nonrex 1] but the qaballa (sp?) suggests that god is an entity that lives outside of time, and therefore, isn\'t within this universe, per se.
not that this is relevent to anything, i just thought i\'d offer it as a response to your quote.

[hermit 2] Try \"Kabbalah\", “Cabbala” or \"Qabalah\". All are accepted transliterations.

[hermit 2] Anything \"outside of time\" is by definition \"outside our Universe\" except as an imaginary object. Nothing \"outside our Universe\" can, by definition, interact with anything \"inside our Universe\" and thus there can be no evidence for the existence of that thing.

[hermit2] Anything, for which no evidence exists, while perhaps theoretically possible, given our state of knowledge of the Universe, has a vanishingly low probability of existing. In any case, such a thing is outside the bounds of rational speculation (i.e. fun discussion but it is unlikely to get you anywhere). An additional problem for advancing such arguments is that such a thing meets no definition of \"gods\" (at least not any with which I am familiar). To reverse this, all definitions of gods with which I am familiar, contain aspects that make them incompatible with what is known of the Universe.

Regards

Hermit

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11635>