Re:virus: Another Sunday comes and goes.

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 19:06:30 MST

[Violet] My first though was that this woman is obviously dug far too deep to even be able to accomplish rational thought on the matter, but i REALLY hope I\'m wrong for the sake of humanity. Anyone have any possible comebacks? Or is all lost?

[rhinoceros] Let me add another dimension to the problem. Suppose that you are a lawyer and you hear a perfectly logical argument which should convince you that you must always tell the truth, never concealing anything. What options would you have?

(a) Change your life accordingly and try to find another job... not at sales... maybe an office clerk job... well, what about the kids\' school and the loan... oh shit.

(b) Realize that you are dishonest, and manage to live with this.

(c) Ignore the argument, hoping that there is a counter-argument you just haven\'t figured out yet. I think this is what most people do.

My point is that when a belief affects your life, sometimes reason seems to be a luxury. So, I guess your teacher just wants to do her classes according to the curriculum and go home.

What Fred suggested seems to be the best course, but don\'t expect to convince your teacher; just be prepaired to deal with her hostility.

Logic can get you in a battle each and every minute of your life. So, pick your battles wisely.

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11690>