Re:virus: purely metaphysical

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 15:54:01 MST

[athenonrex 1]
[hermit 2]
[quote author=athe nonrex link=board=16;threadid=11635;start=30#40959 date=1017091435][athenonrex 3][/quote]
[hermit 4]
[hr]
[hermit 2] Try \\\"Kabbalah\\\", “Cabbala” or \\\"Qabalah\\\". All are accepted transliterations.

[athenonrex 3] thank you...

[hermit 4] A pleasure

[hermit 2] Anything \"outside of time\" is by definition \"outside our Universe\" except as an imaginary object. Nothing \"outside our Universe\" can, by definition, interact with anything \"inside our Universe\"

[athenonrex 3] how do you know, you ever been outside of this universe? who\'s to say there aren\'t beings (godly or not, you decide) that can jump from
universe to universe in a sea of multi verses which is really a megaverse?

[Hermit 4] This is a particularly poor argument. One does not have to be a rapist to condemn rapists, nor to have been somewhere to be able to discuss it or things about it.

[Hermit 4] In any case, I can discuss it without having been outside the Universe. From Special Relativity, we know that our Universe has consistent laws. Thus without rescinding Special Relativity, we know that anything within our Universe is subject to the same laws - including the laws relating to energy, QM and information. Thus, if something can interact with our Universe (even \"just\" information), then it must be exchanging energy with our Universe. Thus, it is, by definition, in our Universe.

[hermit 2] Anything, for which no evidence exists, while perhaps theoretically possible, given our state of knowledge of the Universe, has a vanishingly low probability of existing. In any case, such a thing is outside the bounds of rational speculation (i.e. fun discussion but it is unlikely to get you anywhere).

[athenonrex 3] i stated that there were no definite answers at the beginning of this thread. that this was supposed to be speculation, that\'s [i]why[/i] it\'s so
fun.

[Hermit 4] Avoid investing too much energy in fun which contravenes well established laws. There are so many fun areas which don\'t. Any of which is likely to be more profitable.

Regards

Hermit

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11635>