Re: virus: purely metaphysical

From: Michelle (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 16:23:17 MST

Exactly, Mr. Ben! It's completely unknowable, and IMO, folly to pursue.
Someone's always going to have a counter to any argument on the subject
because you can pretty much make one up on the spot and it works. There
have been so many times in our past that we've thought we knew
everything...!

The question that seems more relevant is whether or not the question of the
existence of god(s) is relevant. Since we can't answer sanely on the
existence question, due to lack of evidence/exploratory procedures/consensus
on the nature of deity, the one question intimate to our lives should be the
relevance question.

*Of course, if any specific deity exists that's been written about and
issued proclamations, then obviously that deity would care if we believe,
and thus it would be quite relevant when the time came. But those deities
are the ones that are easily debunked by the debunking types, because they
quantify themselves. (unless we consider both the quantifications and the
proclamations to be imperfect human translations of divine communication, in
which case the question is much more open...)