Re: virus: Meditations on Involuntary Celibacy

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 13:12:53 MDT

Jonathan Davis quoting from:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/4/11/17120/2629

THE PROBLEM: In a nutshell, the problem (if it is a problem) is that I'm in
my late 40s, straight, male, a virgin, and I don't know why. <snip>

[Mermaid]Why is this a problem? If everyone around a person is sexually
active and the person himself is a celibate, then the person perceives this
as a problem? If everyone around him had cancer and he is healthy, would he
consider that a 'problem'? Maybe the creation of a 'problem' is sometimes
our own making. Social conditioning. It's a funny thing.