Re: virus: Meditations on Involuntary Celibacy

From: Archibald Scatflinger (TransdimensionalElf@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 15:06:54 MDT

hey man
have you ever considered trying anything that might be deemed by certain
parts of society as "bad". Like smoking a joint or something before a social
gathering. I find this makes interaction slightly less tense. If you have
never burned before try it at home a few times before venturing out in
public. I have also found that the repeated ingestion of certain mind
altering substances from the tryptamine family of hallucinogens to be very
helpful in understanding the immense complexity of social interaction and
make it much easier to function comfortably in awkward situations. This is
just my opinion.

Love you all
smile
Archibald

"life without a psychedelic experience, is as bad as going through life
without a
single sexual experience"

"And it was really like a, just like a first psychedelic experience, or a
first sexual experience where you go "wow this is a whole world going on
that I'd had no idea existed." It was like opening a door to a whole world."

Douglas Rushkoff:

"We wouldn't be here if it weren't for psychedelic drugs. In terms of the
role of psilocybin in human evolution on the grasslands of Africa, people
not on drugs were behind the curve. The fact is that, in terms of human
evolution, people not on psychedelics are not fully human. They've fallen to
a lower state, where they're easily programmed, boundary defined, obsessed
by sexual possessiveness which is transferred into fetishism and object
obsession. We don't want too many citizens asking where the power and the
money really goes. Informed by psychedelics, people might stop saluting.
"Take your political party, your job, whatever, and shove it."" - Terence
McKenna

"The psilocybin mushrooms also convey one into the world of the tryptamine
hypercontinuum. Indeed, psilocybin is a psychoactive tryptamine. The
mushroom is full of answers to the questions raised by its own presence. The
true history of the galaxy over the last four and a half billion years is
trivial to it. One can access images of cosmological history. Such
experiences naturally raise the question of independent validation - at
least for a time this was my question. But as I became more familiar with
the epistemological assumptions of modern science, I slowly realized that
the structure of the Western intellectual enterprise is so flimsy at the
center that apparently no one knows anything with certitude. It was then
that I became less reluctant to talk about these experiences. They are
experiences, and as such they are primary data for being. This dimension is
not remote, and yet it is so unspeakably bizarre that it casts into doubt
all of humanity's historical assumptions."

"Think about this for a moment: If the human mind does not loom large in the
coming history of the human race, then what is to become of us? The future
is bound to be psychedelic, because the future belongs to the mind. We are
just beginning to push the buttons on the mind. Once we take a serious
engineering approach to this, we are going to discover the plasticity, the
mutability, the eternal nature of the mind and, I believe, release it from
the monkey. My vision of the final human future is an effort to exteriorize
the soul and internalize the body, so that the exterior soul will exist as a
superconducting lens of translinguistic matter generated out of the body of
each of us at a critical juncture at our psychedelic bar mitzvah. From that
point on, we will be eternal somewhere in the solid-state matrix of the
translinguistic lens we have become."

 "I will add a cautionary note. I always feel odd telling people to verify
my observations since the sine qua non is the hallucinogenic plant.
Experimenters should be very careful. One must build up to the experience.
These are bizarre dimensions of extraordinary power and beauty. There is no
set rule to avoid being overwhelmed, but move carefully, reflect a great
deal, and always try to map experiences back onto the history of the race
and the philosphical and religious accomplishments of the species. All the
compounds are potentially dangerous, and all compounds, at sufficient doses
or repeated over time, involve risks. The library is the first place to go
when looking into taking a new compound. "