Re:virus: howdy

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 13:59:00 MDT

[athenonrex 1]
if it is different for each thought system, then who is to say what EXACTLY evil, or good, is?

[rhinoceros 1]
Hey, I said \\\"man-made concept\\\". Your personal concept of evil is EXACTLY whatever makes you feel guilty. The concept of evil of the society you live in is EXACTLY whatever would get you busted or frowned upon by those considered as \\\"good citizens\\\". This is the way it works.

[athenonrex 1]
so, then...whould you say that smoking marijana is \"evil?\" after all, it is socially reprehensable...

[rhinoceros 2]
Good point. Where I live, I wouldn\'t say that smoking marijuana is considered socially evil, even if it is socially reprehensible. Maybe it is so because of some related activities, such as pushers around schools, which are considered evil. In fact, the main argument of those who support legalization of the soft drugs is that these related activities would become unnecessary and disappear.

Of course, there are societies where it is considered socially evil, and there have been even wars.

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=24851>