Re: virus:Infection and Neosporin

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 21:15:31 MDT

[ben]Your condescension does not strengthen your case.

[Mermaid]I doubt if anything will for you.

[ben]Also, "as far as you know", none of them are quoted properly.

[Mermaid]Why would you say that? Surely, you must have a damn good reason.
We ought to make it known to the Jews for Justice folks that they have been
misquoting published authors and late political figures. If you find that
some of them are misquotes, please let me know. Nothing rankles me more than
people spreading disinformation and distorting facts. Whomever it may be...

[ben]If you are some amazing historical scholar who has memorized everything
said by all of the names listed, I will gladly retract the previous
sentence. I imagine that your acceptance of the
assertions presented has less to do with an all-encompassing political
knowlege and more to do with the fact that the argument offered in the
article is in line with your already firmly held opinions. Until I am proven
wrong, I will continue to attribute to the article exactly the credibility
it deserves.

[Mermaid]Oh! You can attribute to the article anything you want. I am not
trying to change your pov. I am only defending myself against your spewage
that I am mistakenly attributing more credibility to published authors than
I am taking spam seriously. Do I put them on equal scales? NO. Why? I did
give you the reasons.

[ben] I recognize the authors (not all, but most). Some of the quotes are so
far out of line with what I know of the author that I am hesitant to accept
on blind faith, as you appear to have done, that they are being accurately
represented in the article.

[Mermaid]Which quotes are so far out of line with what you know of the
author that you are hesitant to accept it? Who are these authors? I am
willing to hear your side and change my position if your rationalisation is
convincing. Please do tell.