virus: Virus: IRC Drama was: Eugene Leitl disses Hermitish markup

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 01:56:59 MDT

[Mermaid] In other news, Hermit banned me from #virus chat
[Kalkor] Fact. I was unaware of this fact but now I am.

[Mermaid] because I penned this post to Kalkor.
http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::EQ5ccD5L-HShp-ezgS-Nkci-biAMGk
54AS9H
[Kalkor] Supposition. Was that the stated reason for the ban?

[Mermaid] A-Kill. Auto killed on entry.
[Kalkor] Sounds accurate, from what I know of IRC operation.

[Mermaid] Permanent Ban.
[Kalkor] Bans can be removed. In most cases, the person who places the ban
can be circumvented.

[Mermaid] Because he didnt like what I write in this list to whomever I
like.
[Kalkor] Again, supposition.

[Mermaid] Whats next? Banning "members of CoV" because they dont agree with
him?
[Kalkor] I know of no such plans.

Just as an aside, Mermaid... I truly enjoyed the post in question. I think I
may even borrow the paraphrase of the story for use in my own converse in
real life. Thank you for that nugget ;-}

I supposed it was meant to needle me, but sometimes I like/need to be
needled ;-}

Kalkor