virus: Egyptian history contradicts the Bible

From: Fabian E Schoonraad (fschoonr@csc.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 04:25:43 MDT

Sorry to interrupt, but I just thought I'd share a thought.

Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps everything in the Bible can be
contradicted by one discovery or another, simply because the Bible was not
meant to be used as a historcal reference?
Perhaps everything in the Bible is completely untrue and are simply stories
that were made up by the respective authors.
As far as I'm concerned, nothing in the Bible is meant to be taken at face
value, but instead the stories are more like parables than factual stories.
Hence, they have been told to us with a moral behind each particular story.
Something that we can learn from.
Maybe, people should start realising that they should rather try to learn
from the 'stories' in the Bible, instead of constantly attacking its
authenticity
Then and only then, can we make sense of this historical book.

Just a thought. Use it .................. don't use it .....

Fabes