virus: The Politics of Verticality

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan@limbicnutrition.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 10:45:05 MDT

http://www.opendemocracy.net/forum/document_details.asp?CatID=127&DocID=1253

      "None of us have a coherent mental map of the Israeli-Palestinian
conflict. Architect Eyal Weizman explains why. We're missing verticality. In
this series of articles and photo-essays (published daily over a week) he
paints the extraordinary, three-dimensional battle over the West Bank: from
settlements to sewage, archaeology to Apaches."

      Our very own Hermit has long argued that factors such as topography
and water are vital ingredients in the conflict soup that is Israel. He
is/was absolutely right.

      The website above gives a fascinating insight into these metafactors.

      Regards

      Jonathan