virus: is this a workable idea?

From: Jane Cfitizen (citizenjane@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 02:05:52 MDT

Hullo!
This thread on bringing down the 'gas' price.............. question.

Say I choose Mobil, after 8 days or so a noticable change in sales would
have prompted a drop in price, not much but enough to startle all but the
devoted to slow down and buy. How do we get the price to a real drop of
difference? Surely people will buy sooner than the price takes to drop 25%.
And why does no-one complain about the price of milk!!! which is dearer than
GAS (at least it is here in Oz).

> > GASOLINE PRICES
> >
> > Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline
> from
> > the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they
> are
> > not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
they
> > reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But
> > have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil
gas
> > buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whip out on me at this
> > point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions
> of
> > people!!
> >
> > I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to
> at
> > least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it