Re:virus: this is the world we live in...death comes in threes

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 00:10:47 MDT

[Hermit 3]
[zphobic 4]
[Hermit 5]
[hr]
[Hermit 3] How we developed these abilities is far less important than the fact that they exist. I consider the arguments that psychadelics were a prerequisite to neurological development as dubious, and probably unproveable, although the development of self-aware AI may provide serious obstacles to this theory.

[Hermit 3] PS "psychedelics" not "psychadelics"

[Zphobic 4] Sorry, but I found this terribly amusing.

[Hermit 5] Now that you mention it, so do I :-) Amusing and embarrassing. The fates extracting retribution with a veritable farrago of errors on my part. As an explanation, not an excuse (there is none possible), I originally had the funny spelling in quotes, and then decided that it was unworthy and removed it, adding the PS instead - but sometime around then was distracted and completely missed proofing and correcting my submission before pressing send.

[Hermit 5] I’d suggest the following revisions:How we developed these abilities is far less important than the fact that they exist. I consider the argument that psychedelics were a prerequisite to neurological development dubious and probably unprovable, and would add that the development of self-aware AI (without the use of hallucinogenic drugs, except possibly by the programmers) may provide serious obstacles to this theory.

Kind Regards

Hermit

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25462>