Re: virus: this is the world we live in...death comes in threes

From: radek (k.k.trawinski@chello.nl)
Date: Sat May 18 2002 - 18:20:55 MDT

Gecko/20020314 Netscape6/6.2.2
Sender: owner-virus@lucifer.com

Hermit wrote:

>Any signal which is able to affect the brain would have to belong to one of
these four categories.

To take this a bit further, there are a lot more 'normal' things that
influence the brain (including the rest of the nervous system).
How about light, sound, smell, heat and pressure?. These things are
capable of affecting the brain in their own right.
The thing is that people for themselfes do not understand the
psychological impact of these senses.

Most people, for instance, are not able to name imagery which would make
them sit in a certain emotional state.
Same thing with music. I'm a psy-trance producer and at the beginning of
the yourney i had no idea what i was doing
except that i knew wether it was right or not. But over the years i have
trained myself to address (more or less) specific
emotions and experienses (which are strings of emotions) and to do this
i had to look much much deeper into human sensory.
What i found out about sonic perception was amazing. With sounds you can
change peoples (and especialy group) emotional state.
But people who havent actually tried making that kind of music (or
something similar) are not aware of the specific techniques that
are used to change the mood. What they experience is the resulting
change in emotional state and in some cases address that to
mystical experiences.

Same thing goes for comunication without words. Some call it telepathy,
but my experience tells me that it has everything to do
with physical attributes of people around you. It's a leftover from the
dark ages. when humans didn't have words to describe emotions.
(I mean, evolutionary speaking, speach is a new thing)
So what do you suppose people used for communicating their desires when
there were no words?
Gestures of course!.. facial expressions, bodylanguage, etc... ..
nothing outerearthly.....

My point is that in the whole discussion about these sort of mystical
phenomenon people tend to look only for not (yet) existing explanations
instead of looking at the actual tools that could fascilitate the
experience of mystisism. Well, there is one tool that has been accepted
(which
are substances described as psychedelics) but often commonsense
knowledge is per definition being dismissed as not capable of producing
such effects/experiences.
If i would tell you (not addressing the writer of this post in
particular) that telepathy exists because of a parallel universe then
you would go
 'wow, now that's interesting' but if i told you it's trick of your
subconciousness then it suddenly isn't that interesting anymore.. (i'm
not actually saying
that you would react this way, just illustrating what a lot of people
would do/are doing)

I've noticed this behaviour in a lot of people, especially religious
people who try to explain everything through their belive.
This can also be said about a lot of scientists.

So stop thinking irrational and start seing the world as it realy is...
  ;)...

aka!.,