RE: virus: topic

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 22:24:51 MDT

On 23 Sep 2002 at 0:02, Calvin Ashmore wrote:

> Yes, but what about from the memetic vantage?
> Must always passion stem from a foundation of belief?
> Does passion for something imply a heavy investiture of memes in that
> something?
>
> Both examples you gave, of egalatarianism and sexism or racism, both
> rely on belief, that either all are equal, or that one group is
> superior than another. Good and evil are one thing, but memetic
> dependence is quite different :] -Calvin

In either case, the passion for a position is, I believe, directly related to
the logical and/or emotional investitute in the memeset or memeplex
constituting or comprising that position, in such a manner that the more
deeply invested in the memeset/plex the individual is, the more deeply
felt their passion for the position represented by that memeplex/set will
be.
Even the 'meme' meme can count passionate adherents among those
who embrace it - and I am one of those, simply because I consider the
concept as making eminently logical sense, and caring about the wide
dissemination of truth, or of those human models which most closely
approximate it, is a positive value for me.