Re: virus: topic

From: Michelle (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 13:16:12 MDT

[Joe] Even the 'meme' meme can count passionate adherents among those
who embrace it - and I am one of those, simply because I consider the
concept as making eminently logical sense, and caring about the wide
dissemination of truth, or of those human models which most closely
approximate it, is a positive value for me.

[Michelle] Interesting - the caring about the wide dissemination of truth
part... that's a meme unto itself, which attaches itself to any other meme
that is successfully hosted. So what's the motivation for that one? I've
seen both selfless and self-centered; and seldom purely one or the other.

It implies egoism in either context, because one must assume superiority to
assume that one has access to/understanding of truths that others do not.

How is this justified?

(not that I'm against it - I consider myself superior to many on the planet,
but it's always a good exercise to justify oneself...)