virus: An apology

From: Casey M (cmanisca@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 07:09:50 MDT

>From the Church of Virus website:

http://virus.lucifer.com/virtues.html

Empathy
If anything, the ability to see from another's perspective is what sets
humans apart from the rest of the animals. It is the basis of many of the
qualities that we hold in highest regard: kindness, charity, mercy, welfare,
forgiveness. Far from being irrational, empathy confers a distinct advantage
in any social situation. It provides a foundation for promises, contracts,
and deals. To a large extent it is the glue that binds society.

[Kalkor]
I have many issues with Hermit's behaviour of late. I felt his behaviour in
banning Jonathan from IRC was wrong, and that his rudeness to Casey was
unfair. The comment regarding Joe's mother was in a similar vein. However,
it cannot be forgotten that that was long after Hermit has been subjected to
torrents of unmerited abuse from Joe; torrents of hysterical unhinged
ranting that cannot tolerate dissent or refrain from obsessive compulsive
gnawing of the same bone, long after all others were trying to avoid the
entire subject. The tone of all this may most accurately be described as
McCarthyite. In comparison to all of that, it seems impossible to reach any
conclusion other than that Hermit was much more sinned against than sinning.

[Casey]
Indeed, Hermit was unfair in his rudeness towards me. That being the case,
I've yet to receive an apology from Hermit. All the while, I sit here in
amazement that Hermit has not employed empathy; has not apologized to
Jonathan, Bill, or myself (which I feel IS warranted).
Two wrongs obviously don't make a right. Hermit or Joe should have
refrained from the vitriolic discourse considering they both know that they
let it go beyond a reasonable discussion. I sit here waiting - but won't
hold my breath for I may lapse into unconsciousness while I do so.

Casey

*waiting...but, not expecting an apology*