Re:virus: annoyed

From: Zloduska (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 00:43:27 MDT

[Casey] I don't recall describing you as one of his minions. If I have please point it out and I will apologize to you formally.

[Joe] Ditto. I do believe that I mentioned that you were one of the FH's.

Er, you both certainly implied it. The word "minion" has been thrown around here more often than free condoms at a Gay Pride Parade. I don't have the time to dredge it up, but you have basically painted anyone who is a sympathizer or supporter of Hermit on any issue to be a "minion" of his. I don't want apologies, I'm just pointing out that there is a clear difference between that term and a "friend".

And I also spoke up because Joe claimed something about me which is simply untrue. In this very thread he wrote:

-----
[quoting Calvin]Where have Zloduska, Walter, Casey, Bill and others gone?

[Joe] Calvin asked a question, and I answered it; they formed their own list (to which I was invited and have joined) to get away from Hermit. In their opinion, Hermit was practically ALL of the situation, since it was because of him that they did so. Just fact; ask 'em yourself.

-----

Not only is it irksome that you have slapped a label on me that does not belong, when I have avidly tried to avoid the whole fiasco, but I am also _not_ impressed by your own abusive language toward David. You should know that David has always tried to remain neutral and do right by us, and he is the least deserving of your animosity and misdirected hostility. I'm pissed that he was bothered enough by the immature quarrels that he left.

You know why it may seem like I am a die-hard Hermit supporter? Simply, I fight my battles outside of the public eye and don't sully the list with so much personal bickering. Sure, I have indulged in many casual flame-wars, but any time I had a major problem and/or disagreement with a list regular, such as Hermit, I settle it via email, IRC, or the phone-- OFF THE LIST. Many times I don't agree with Hermit at all, and I tell him so-- privately. In fact, there was a period that I was so upset over an incident (re: the Mermaid fiasco/banning) that I did not speak with him for months and avoided the #virus channel altogether. But I can forgive and forget, even if someone insults me mother.

I agree that Hermit was out of line and his remarks about your mother were uncalled for. Well, so fucking what, Hermit is not going to change at all. Yes, you are suffering, as is your mother, but your hopeless quest for "justice" just isn't going to happen. As many have said a trillion times, get over it, man, and move on. You are only exacerbating the entire situation instead of ignoring his inappropriate comments. After all, are you able to cast the first stone? You've insulted him up and down more than anyone else here. Your ad-hom's are no different from his; just a matter of degree. Now get over it.

And furthermore, I really can't leave the Church of Virus-- how the fuck am I going to explain this ideohazard tattoo on my back without it?

Damn, I am exhausted. Comatose, here I come. Goodnight.

----
This message was posted by Zloduska to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=26707>