Re: Re:virus: annoyed

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 07:30:06 MDT

I think it is utterly wrong to be targeting David. He has been neutral and
utterly fair throughout. When I had my spat with Hermit, David was patient ,
highly responsive to my complaints and completely fair.

He negotiated a solution to the problem which was more than satisfactory to
everyone involved. I personally was grateful for his intervention and the
time he spent explaining his position and that of the CoV. I do not think
for one minute David was biased in either my or Hermit's favour.

David has been commendably neutral, patient and fair thought all of these
frankly ridiculous flame wars of late. We should be thanking the man for
tolerating this rubbish, not castigating him for alleged bias.

I imagine it must be extremely disappointing, if not downright hurtful for
him to have to watch the brutal slagging match we all witnessed and endure
the subsequent damage it inflicted on his creation.

We need to leave politics alone for a while. We certainly need to take any
personal disputes any of us may have off-list. We need to welcome everyone
back to the fold and agree ground rules for preventing a recurrence of the
shameful outbreak of name calling, one-upmanship and personal attacks.

Above all we need to give our founder the respect, gratitude and support
that he deserves.

Kind regards,

Jonathan