Re: virus: The law and what might have been

From: Bill Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 12:42:58 MDT

    While I agree that it is strange to fine someone for something they did
    not get away with, I think your analogy is a little off.

    If it had read:

    The law and what might have been

    Damn... I had been planning to kill someone, I had done it before successfully and was let go cause I squeled on fellow killers. This time I didn't think they would catch me and I had my long knife sharpened and ready, but I got caught again. Do I have to pay damages to his family now? Even though I killed their other son and didn't have to pay for it last time? ;p

    I think the answer should be:

    No, you should just go to jail for the rest of your life.

    For this guy, I think the fine is just a slap on the wrist anyway.

    --
    Reason - Vision - Empathy
    Tools for a healthy mind