virus: Re:Jobs and Human History

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:54:29 MDT

    a simple illustration (revisited):

    [joe dees]
    so ducks, you claim, would live in the sea,simply because they can float in different bodies of water? that is utterly perposterous! why would they ever live in the sea with such stormy and un-duck-friendly conditions? what you are proposing is that all ducks would move to the sea because you observe that they indeed can float in different bodies of water. well then, show me, for i do not accept this proposal.

    [athenonrex]
    well, you don't quite understand, i said, firstly, that they could live in the sea, not that they would live in the sea. of course not all ducks would move there simply because i think they should, and i don't think that they should in the first place. what i am porposing is perposterous, simply because you have never seen a duck float in a pong or a lake, and also a duck float in a river? or other such different bodies of water? that's a fallacious refusal of evidence.

    i am not talking about weather, once again, as i have stated before. rather i am talking about ducks' bouyancy. it makes little sense to argue about weather when i'm talking about ducks, wouldn't you agree? or is that perposterous too?

    [joe dees]
    but the storms. tell me, if there were much storming somewhere, and you could move there simply because you could float in the water that was there, would you? highly unlikely...

    [this post was a dramatization. no screen names were harmed in the making of this post, though some egos may have been. all things are true, especially those things that are false, as our actor 'joe dees' has just proved. thank you for your attention. we now return you to your regularly schedualed programming.]

    ----
    This message was posted by athe nonrex to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28871>