Re: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 20:39:14 MDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Joe Dees" <hidden@lucifer.com>

    > I fully concur with Bill here. And add that people should not slander other peoples' mothers because those others dare to
    disagree with their political slants. In a fair and objective ratings system, such execrable and irrelevant ad hominems would be
    punished in the ratings. The fact that, in Hermit's case, they manifestly have not, and have instead been applauded, and the person
    whose mother was slandered because he spoke out in opposition was smited. is all the evidence I need to see to conclude that such a
    system is as fair or as malevolent as the people employing in it are.

    Let me suggest a more plausible explanation. Nobody applauded Hermit
    for slandering Joe's mother. If Hermit was given positive ratings,
    it was despite the fact that he participates in this interminable
    flame war. His ratings no doubt suffered due to this, and the system
    reflected this in a reputation lesser than it would have been if
    Hermit was above that regrettable exchange.

    David