RE: virus: Re:Notice and Proposal of Importance to all Virians

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 16:25:17 MDT

    Many parliaments have the institution of "Speaker" who enforces the
    rules of parliamentary debate. Members who transgress are expelled from
    the chamber if they refuse to withdraw any remark, or behave in a
    manner, that is considered "unparliamentary". (The speaker also has the
    power to demand an apology.)

    Could we have a system like this? If a member of the CoV transgressed
    the agreed rules he/she could be suspended from posting for a certain
    time.

    Of course the rules * would have to be very clear. The task of 'Speaker'
    could be rotated, perhaps randomly. There might have to be an appeal
    mechanism.

    Quite possibly this has all been tried before and failed, but just in
    case it hasn't...

    Best regards
    Blunderov

    * Speaking for myself, a rule that would like to see implemented is a
    reasonable(?)ceiling on "cut and paste" posting. I would expect to see a
    lot more original thinking and writing from such an intelligent group of
    people than is sometimes the case. I don't think that there should be
    any limit placed on citing links in support of an argument.