RE: virus: Minimal belief set

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 11:49:39 MDT

    Hmm. I personally would substitute the phrase 'To the best of my
    knowledge' for the phrase 'I believe'. Maybe this is a semantic quibble
    but I have to ask if it is possible for anyone to 'believe' that they do
    not exist. (I'm not a great fan of the Matrix you will gather).
    Similarly, is it possible to believe that one's senses are not mostly
    trustworthy? For my part, I seem to (mostly) do quite a good job of not
    walking into walls and so on.

    Likewise, apart from the conundrum of 'existence' is it possible to
    believe that there is anything which can never be explained? I need to
    think about this one a lot more but at the moment I'm inclined to think
    that such a thing could not be perceived in the first place.

    Everything hinges upon the definition of the word 'belief' I suppose.

    Best Regards
    Blunderov