Re:virus: Abuse of power or playful bickering?

From: Hermit (virus@hermit.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 18:23:05 MDT

    Condem the behaviour. I don't feel particularly happy about it myself.

    While doing so, please notice that Mermaid had chosen, in my opinion, to dredge up and then deliberately mischaracterise a two year old disagreement in what appeared to me to be an attempt to reflect me in a highly negative light - and chose to do so while I was not around to respond. When I discovered this posted to the BBS I was, to put it mildly, highly pissed off, as Mermaid is a sometime friend, and I had been trying rather for the last little while to ignore or be nice to said Mermaid despite her what seems to me, frequently obnoxious behaviour. Further, unlike Mermaid, I confronted her directly, rather than talking behind her back. In any case, whatever the reasons, I went way further than I had intended to when she was pissy in the channel, and to prevent further escalation booted her and later myself.

    As far as supposed "abuse of power" is concerned, please notice that Mermaid has exactly the same powers as I used - as does any channel op.

    Hermit

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29203>