RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 01:44:52 MDT

    Jonathan Davis
    > Sent: 14 September 2003 1840
    > To: virus@lucifer.com
    > Subject: RE: virus: The Ideohazard 1.1
    >
    > I was spooked by Hermit's Chinese-commit-genocide piece but for me it
    was
    > ruined by its overt anti-Americanism (if that term can be applied to
    what
    > appears *in my opinion* to be Hermit's pathological hatred of
    America).

    [Bl.] Whether Hermit has a hatred of America, and whether, if so, this
    hatred is pathological or not, I cannot say. What I can say is that it
    is equally possible, based on the evidence before us, that he is a
    fervent patriot. It depends on your point of view.

    When the British invaded China in the 18th Century they found maps in
    which China occupied the almost whole of the document; peeping in at the
    corners of these maps were tiny representations of what were
    characterized as 'Barbarian' nations - Britain, France and the USA. It
    was clear that the Chinese world view allocated no importance to
    anything other than China.

    Ironically, if one reads the Hermits list of broken American promises
    and treaties, it is difficult to conclude that the American world-view
    is any less solipsistic than the Chinese maps of yore.

    It is almost risible that such a self-avowedly 'democratic' nation
    should hold the community of nations in such manifest contempt. Almost.

    Best Regards
    Blunderov