RE: virus: Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 21:52:41 MDT

    [quote from: JerryLee on 2003-09-20 at 20:40:10]
    I'm certainly open to ideas beyond the fitness regimen that I have started. I take weekends off, go to the gym Monday thru Friday before work, 21 minutes on the elliptical (roughly 8.5 miles) with some weight machines thrown in to tone the arms and upper chest....just need to sort out how to lose the belly, sit-ups don't seem to be doing it for me (or my back).

    sit ups are not going to rid you of that belly. unless i am very much mistaken, they are lower body workouts. the abdominal muscles can be exercised EVERY DAY unlike upper/lower body work outs which need a day's rest.(I assume its the same as squats...I wont recommend sit ups to anyone, but thats just my opinion...)

    try combinations of curl ups(40 to begin?) and crunches(start with 20)btw...these two may sound the same..but entirely different and works diff groups of muscles and dont forget to throw in leg raises(50, at least)...

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29265>