Re: virus: Re:Getting a reputation

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 11:33:58 MDT

    > [rhinoceros]
    > The new additions to the rep system are not always noobies. If it were for noobies, it is
    reasonable that many people won't rate them because they don't know them yet. But when old dogs who
    join the system don't get rated at all, then the rep/vote system seems to be wearing off. Maybe the
    simplest solution is just going there and voting every week.

    Is the problem due to lack of information or lack of incentive?
    If the former, I could set it up so that there is an announcement
    made to the list or one of the BBS boards when someone joins the
    system. If the latter, we could discuss possibilities for
    engineering greater incentive.

    David