RE: virus: Virian Fitness Boot Camp

From: JL (jerrylee@alt.net)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 11:33:49 MDT

    And from the various readings I have done, crunches do little for the tummy
    area in terms of toning unless done in massive quantities (100's of reps)
    whereas sit-ups have a more profound impact on several muscle areas in the
    same region. My problem is that with age, my lower back does not have the
    flexibility that it once had and more than 40 sit-ups per day seem to cause
    stiffness/soreness in that area. Just saw an infomercial for the "Bowflex"
    machine which looked interesting and certainly convenient because of its
    ability to be stored on a closet (thus avoiding a trip to the gym), but I
    will have to look into it a bit more mainly because of its price.

    Thoughts anyone?

    JL