RE: virus: Studying Ad Populem, was: ideohazard 1.1

From: Jonathan Davis (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 16:51:54 MDT

    [Blunderov]
    Thanks for your clarification of Scruton in terms of the Virian ideals.

    I almost couldn't believe what I was reading at times - it didn't seem
    to me to be the reasoning of a professional at all. His sense of cause
    and effect seems sketchy at best. He seems to make an assumption that
    what the world has become is by definition defective. I think I can
    safely conclude that I do not wish to read anymore.

    [Jonathan] Right on cue. You boys make a good team. I will ignore Uncle Hermit behind the curtain :-)

    You may not read anymore, but for those still partial to reading, why not find out for yourselves about what we are discussing, namely the book "The West and The Rest" by Roger Scruton. Selectively quoting the author from other irrelevant works is neither here nor there. It is simply poisoning the well. The only loss will be to those who refuse to investigate for themselves because they fooled by defamation.

    It is difficult to fight a coordinated attack alone, so I will let you read for yourselves what Scruton says (in context and relevant to what I am recommending) and withdraw from this discussion as requested by fellows in this forum.

    The West and the Rest
    http://www.morec.com/hyperion/scruton.htm

    Roger Scruton Internet Bibliography
    http://www.morec.com/scruton.htm (for those who might want to challenge themselves and broaden their range of sources or viewpoints)

    Kind regards

    Jonathan

    ----
    This message was posted by Jonathan Davis to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29368>