Re:virus: Appeal for consistency

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 21:42:40 MDT

    [Jonathan Davis] I have noticed that we seem to be somewhat selectively applying our Virian virtues. I am as guilty of this as anyone.

    [Jonathan Davis]We tout empathy, yet I frequently see it kept for allies or pitied enemies (like Islamists). When it comes to real hated groups like Christians or conservatives, or even fellows who find themselves in agreement (part or whole) with members of such groups, it is absent.

    [Mermaid]I dont think Christians are a hated group. I, for one, do not hate Christians. I dont consider Islamists as 'pitied enemies' either. On the other hand, I dont feel any empathy for murdering bastards or loony fundamentalists. I am not expecting to feel any in the near future.

    [Mermaid]Does this mean that you are going to try and "understand" the motives of the terrorists as well as you understand bush/rumsfield et al?...:)

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29377>