virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: Jonathan Davis (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 09:17:01 MDT

    [quote from: Hermit on 2003-10-03 at 06:17:33]
    [JonathanDavis] grep sanctions. Hmmm, nothing? Progress at last.

    [Hermit] I think your grep may be broken...

    [Note to neurologist: It happened again!]

    Part of my problem with all this talk of 'discipline' - pace your assurances - is that I am worried it is a tool for manipulation that may be used in bad faith (abused).

    These measures were introduced for mutual convenience to countervail the problems of abuse and flooding but like so much legislation, they run the risk of being co-opted for ends other than those agreed upon (like censorship or revenge).

    For now the only thing I am personally comfortable with is Lucifer's arbitration.

    Whilst the procedure has vague terms making it subject to whimsical interpretations, it ought to be suspended.

    I would like to note however that I am in full agreement with you on the broad aims of this exercise and convey my thanks to you personally for the effort you have put in to authoring these processes and trying to tackle these difficult problems.

    Kind regards

    Jonathan

    ----
    This message was posted by Jonathan Davis to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29437>