virus: Re:The Disciplinary Process of the Church of Virus

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 18:44:32 MDT

    [Hermit]
    We are talking about:
    http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/DisciplinaryProcess

    This document contains authorizations via three votes, all referenced at the top of the page:

    Should the CoV accept the policy of disownment as documented at http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/Disownment (http://virus.lucifer.com/wiki/Disownment)

    This is of course the most important one as it established the process, powers and methodology. Rather than pointing people to a page on "Disownment" to explain the "Disciplinary Process" (where disownment is only the last step), we have established a separate page under VirianPolicy to deal with the disciplinary process.

    [rhinoceros]
    I don't see it that way, because that would mean I could write a page titled VirusOperation and put the "WikiAccepted" seal on the top, inherited from DisciplinaryProcess, inherited from Disownment.

    Of course, you are a virian in good standing as well, so your explanation has its weight too.

    [Hermit]
    Do you support the rules outlined in David's message Here comes the sheriff?

    The disciplinary process inherit's the "Sheriffs powers" at an administrative level by delegation.

    [http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=;action=voteResults;idvote=36]What period after disownment should ex-members be allowed to reapply for membership[/url]

    Finally, the period during which an appeal may not be reconsidered was extended by a vote requested by Casey, and because of that is included in the authorizations.

    [rhinoceros]
    I can't quite make the "inheritance" inference, but... ditto.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29437>