virus: Do (or Think) the Right thing.

From: rick (aperick@centurytel.net)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 16:21:20 MDT

    Rights talk has many times caused me to think. There is much silliness
    here. Obviously, each 'right' is in fact nothing more than a special
    sort of privilege having two important attributes. One, the privilege is
    asserted by the beneficiary or by some benefactor. Two, either the
    beneficiary or the benefactor must then attempt to secure the privilege
    by force or threat of force. People can and do imagine that 'rights' are
    more complex than that but they are not. If i go walking naked though
    the jungle and i come upon a hungry tiger does the tiger have the right
    to eat me? We can watch the tiger assert and secure. If on my naked
    nature walk i am accessorized with an AK-47 do i have the right to punch
    poor tygy-wygy full of holes rather than trust that he will not make a
    meal of me? As was alluded to in the previous post: Rights talk is
    violence talk--thems just fightn words.