Re:virus: Happy Halloween

From: prometheus (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 19:43:19 MST

    [quote from: David on 2003-11-01 at 11:40:53]
    [quote from: prometheus on 2003-11-01 at 05:10:59]
    It is more important in Christianity to submit to God than it is to minimize your sinfulness.

    [Lucifer] Isn't submitting to God the same as minimizing your sinfulness theoretically? If not, how do they differ?

    It was explained to me like this by a person who was trying to save my soul.

    We are all sinners. It does not matter if you lived as a serial killer or lived in accordance with Christian principles.

    If you do not submit to God in the sense of recognizing his dominion over you then you do not go to Heaven. The quantity of sinning in a life does not matter just the quality of recognizing Jesus as your saviour and begging forgiveness. It also does not matter how many time you return to sin as long as you are repent and are sincere when you do so.

    I have trouble with the concept that the magnitude of one's sins is irrelevant.
    It does not seem to be fair nor reasonable.
    By this (il)logic someone who has not been exposed to Christianity but never actively commits a "sin" in the Christian sense is damned while the pentinent serial killer is forgiven.

    It seems to be a selection for somethin other than good behaviour.

    Prometheus.

    ----
    This message was posted by prometheus to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29634>