RE: virus: Happy Halloween

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 02:01:28 MST

    prometheus
    > Sent: 02 November 2003 0443

    > [quote from: David on 2003-11-01 at 11:40:53]
    > [quote from: prometheus on 2003-11-01 at 05:10:59]
    > It is more important in Christianity to submit to God than it is to
    > minimize your sinfulness.
    >
    > [Lucifer] Isn't submitting to God the same as minimizing your
    sinfulness
    > theoretically? If not, how do they differ?
    >
    > It was explained to me like this by a person who was trying to save my
    > soul.
    >
    > We are all sinners. It does not matter if you lived as a serial killer
    or
    > lived in accordance with Christian principles.
    >
    > If you do not submit to God in the sense of recognizing his dominion
    over
    > you then you do not go to Heaven. The quantity of sinning in a life
    does
    > not matter just the quality of recognizing Jesus as your saviour and
    > begging forgiveness. It also does not matter how many time you return
    > sin as long as you are repent and are sincere when you do so.
    >
    > I have trouble with the concept that the magnitude of one's sins is
    > irrelevant.
    > It does not seem to be fair nor reasonable.
    > By this (il)logic someone who has not been exposed to Christianity but
    > never actively commits a "sin" in the Christian sense is damned while
    the
    > pentinent serial killer is forgiven.
    >
    > It seems to be a selection for somethin other than good behaviour.
    >
    > Prometheus.
    [Blunderov]
    Getting into heaven is a lot less difficult than might at first be
    imagined. The following makes stark reading.

    http://www.themodernreligion.com/comparative/christ/christ_foa.htm
    <q>
    VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN
    Atonement Theory
    Serbs claim they are going directly to Heaven, this is based on the
    teachings of Paul who wrote Jesus's blood cleansed all past, present,
    and future sins [even as they kill and rape innocent people on Easter].
    We witnessed over the centuries the negative effects of this theory of
    atonement as we witness it's ungodly effects today.

    With these Christians under the assumption that they are saved on faith
    alone regardless of their horrid actions, in the case of the Serbs
    [rape, genocide, looting], you have atrocities repeating themselves
    through out history, with it's root in the Christian atonement theory.

    Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church
    authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity. (List
    incomplete)
    </q.>