RE: virus: Guerilla memetics

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 04:04:12 MST

    'Philosophers have interpreted the world in a number of ways; the thing
    is to change it." (Karl Marx)

    [Blunderov]
    Inspired by Mermaid's recent Virian boot camp initiative and also
    freshly revolted by
    http://www.themodernreligion.com/comparative/christ/christ_foa.htm *

    I have the following proposal - let's go back to church! But this time
    we will all be bearing weapons of mass dissension.

    The Achilles heel of Christianity is the very 'flaw of atonement'
    discussed in the thread 'Happy Halloween'. If we were to prestidigitate
    seditious materials (such as contained the above link) into the Bibles
    and hymn-books so freely available in churches it might be possible to
    engender a very serious crack in the edifice of Christianity. (Fully 50%
    (and more) of the New Testament is directly from the hand of St. Paul
    (aka 'The Spouter of Lies'.)**

    If the New Testament is discredited... This is a very real fear amongst
    those (surprisingly few) Christians who actually know something about
    the history of their own religion.

    The thought strikes me that such material would be particularly
    effective if it was brought to the attention of teenagers, who would be
    likely to vector it amongst their peers because of its vivid history. It
    would also appeal to the natural rebelliousness of this age group. Hit
    the Sunday schools - suffer the little children to come unto us!

    AFAIK this would not be illegal. And it would be quite an adventure to
    attend a church incognito with subversive intent. (I think they hand out
    free cups of tea afterwards in some congregations - and even cake!)

    What do y'all think? Or shall we just leave (polite) activism to the
    Brights?

    Best Regards

    * eg
    <q>
    Catholic extermination camps: Surpisingly few know that Nazi
    extermination camps in World War II were by no means the only ones in
    Europe at the time. In the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed
    numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their
    dictator Ante Paveliç, a practising Catholic and regular visitor to the
    then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children!

    In these camps - the most notorious was Jasenovac, headed by a
    Franciscan friar - orthodox-Christian serbians (and a substantial number
    of Jews) were murdered. Like the Nazis the Catholic Ustasha burned their
    victims in kilns, alive (the Nazis were decent enough to have their
    victims gassed first). But most of the victims were simply stabbed,
    slain or shot to death, the number of them being estimated between
    300,000 and 600,000, in a rather tiny country. Many of the killers were
    Franciscan friars. The atrocities were appalling enough to induce
    bystanders of the Nazi "Sicherheitsdient der SS", watching, to complain
    about them to Hitler (who did not listen). The pope knew about these
    events and did nothing to prevent them.
    </q>

    ** http://www.crosscircle.com/CH_2i.htm
    <q>
    Christianity has nothing in common with the religion preached by Paul.
    The Christianity of Peter exists no more as it was supplanted by Paul’s
    version and merged with other world-religions. The ‘Christ’ of Paul is a
    sun-god. The antagonism between Peter and Paul is vaguely hinted at in
    the Epistle to the Galatians yet on the other hand it is highlighted in
    the Clementine Homilies in which Peter unequivocally denies that Paul
    ever had a vision of Christ and calls him the enemy. And this antagonism
    still exists today if we take a look at St. Paul’s Epistles which
    include such provocative sentences as "Such are false Apostles,
    deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the Apostles of Christ."

    In chapter three of Alvin Boyd Kuhn’s book, "A Rebirth for
    Christianity," he writes, "Scholars almost universally agree that the
    Christian movement created by the disciples of Jesus would have
    disappeared in a generation if St. Paul had not grafted on to it the
    essential substance of Greek philosophy. Christianity was in effect
    saved from extinction at birth when it incorporated into its Scriptures
    the Epistles of St. Paul, which enabled it to rationalize its Messianic
    tenets. Later, under the massive pressure of an ignorant population
    which flocked into its fold by the third century, the Greek influence
    was suppressed.

    </q>
    [Blunderov]
    Admittedly the above site draws religious conclusions from these
    historical facts - but the object of the exercise that I have in mind is
    to sow dissension.