Re: virus: Truth and Fiction

From: David McFadzean (david@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 09:59:15 MST

    From: "Erik Aronesty" <erik@zoneedit.com>
    > Thus truth (infinite possibilty) can always be stranger (more unfamiliar)
    than fiction (finite combination of the known)

    Proof of the opposite assertion:

    Truth must be internally logically consistent, pretty much by definition. In
    other words,
    to the extent that logical inconsistenicies exist, it is not true. Fiction has
    no such
    constraint. If something is strange then we cannot make sense of it. We can
    make sense
    of truth, but not necessarily fiction. In fact, most fiction I have read is
    stranger than
    the non-fiction I have read, which provides some evidence for this assertion.
    Maybe there
    exists some fiction that is less strange than truth, but I bet it isn't very
    popular.

    David