Re:virus: I have a good idea

From: metahuman (v1@metavirus.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 10:36:05 MST

    [Lucifer]
    If Virus is a cult just because it is based around a good idea, then I don't think we can avoid it. Personally I would use different
    criteria for identifying cults.

    [metahuman]
    Radiance is not a virtue nor a sin. It is a degree of being. This is how you described it. Scientology uses "Clear" as their degree
    of being. Radiance, Enlightenment (as in Buddhism), and Clear are all too dramatic and retain features of a dream world.

    The Church of Scientology is a legally recognized religion in the United States. It is thus a religion. it is then in the same
    criteria that we use to judge the Church of Virus. That criteria is other religions. How do we compare? How are we different?

    The following is excerpted from one of my papers. As usual, new ideas must be analyzed using SWOT. If that new idea affects how the
    product is marketed, it must be looked at more closely.

    ****
    In the vast field of marketing, marketers typically refer to a logo as a brand, but this is not the case. Although it makes sense to
    think of a brand as a logo since cattle are identified by burnings on their skin, in marketing, a brand is the consensus perception
    of a product. Branding is not about profits, losses, assets, liabilities, or brand value; it is about recognition: (i) Product
    recognition: how will your customer see your product on a shelf complete with competing products? (ii) Service recognition: how will
    your service be known throughout Southern California? (iii) And even personal identity: who am I? Who are you? After all, if your
    market does not know about your product, they are not going to buy. These issues are tackled differently with each product but the
    end goal is to be recognized. With tangible products, it's all about the packaging. Is the packaging soft or hard, common or unique?
    Can the package be seen at an attractable distance? Does the package fit the customer? These questions must be considered when
    developing a product and when planning its marketing strategy. Identifying services is a bit more difficult primarily due to the
    intangible nature of a service. To build a brand on a service, you essentially have to capitalize on how the service is done and
    with whom the service can be associated. The latter is a similar, if not the same, way personal identity works. Humans are obsessed
    with identification via recognition: What will she think if I say this? What will he think if I wear this? Why are they staring at
    me? Who am I? Who are you? We want to be recognized. It's that simple.
    ****

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29704>