Re: virus: This is why moderates don't matter

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 06:33:32 MST

    Article on secure, verifiable voting: http://securevote.documentroot.com

    If you do a search for secure, verifiable voting, you will find many articles on producing such systems.

    The electronic voting systems being produced today by private corporations are far, far worse than hand counted ballots. I do not think that this is a fault of conspiracy. I think this is a natural combination of poorly specified requirements and capitalist motivation to do as little work as necessary to satisfy those requirements.

    My argument, which I made in front of a panel of experts and which is endorsed by a majority of experts is that any electronic voting system must be open source and use a well-documented and decentralized protocol.