Re: virus: Zionism, Anti-Semitism and American Democracy

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 12:13:05 MST

    I get what you are saying given the context and definitions you provided. However, you still sound like someone with much conviction. Taking the argument as a whole, you sould like someone who has unshakably adopted a failth in himself and his own arguments. While I personally agree with the logic, I'm not certain that it is always effective to communicate in this fashion.

    Or, perhaps I am merely longing for face-to-face conversation in which vast quantities of nonverbal communication take place. This text thing is so limiting.

    One of the things that we do when we speak in person is we assign a "certainty level" to each of our statements. We do this unconciously, through posture and facial expression.

    Much of this critical information is lost when communicating online.