RE: virus: Osama bin Laden and the Bushes (was Saddam arrested)

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 09:54:58 MST

    Behalf
    > Of Jonathan Davis
    > Sent: 16 December 2003 1641
    > To: virus@lucifer.com
    > Subject: RE: virus: Osama bin Laden and the Bushes (was Saddam
    arrested)

    > Hey Blunderlov,
    >
    > I don't really get Moore's points.
    >
    > He asks if the Bush family and Osama bin Laden's family have some
    links
    > with
    > Bush. If they do, so what? If would be virtually impossible to avoid
    Saudi
    > money if you dealt with the non-Israeli middle east over the last 25
    > years.
    > This looks like a simple smear attempt by Moore and is as such basing
    his
    > implied arguments on a fallacy fallacious.
    >
    > The central question in my opinion, is not about Bush and Bin Laden,
    but
    > about a multi-decade refusal by various American administrations to
    face
    > up
    > to the nasty horror that is Saudi Arabia? In her new book - Modern
    Jihad -
    > Loretta Napoleoni shows how every post-war US administration has
    squashed
    > attempts to investigate the Saudis. I expect this will be a
    fascinating
    > story when it emerges.
    >
    > The Bin laden on dialysis story is a feint. He planned and financed
    the
    > operation before he was sent to (probably die) in his Afghan cave. See
    > Operation Holy Tuesday for an in-depth look at the run up to 9/11 and
    > Osama's involvement:
    >
    > http://www.limbicnutrition.com/blog/archives/020958.html
    [Blunderov]
    Hey Jonathan! Nice post - thoughtful. There is much in what you say
    about the 'multi-decade refusal by various American administrations to
    face up to the nasty horror that is Saudi Arabia' as you so well put it.

    Sadly, as is pointed out by Moore, this is itself part of a larger
    pattern in which the USA, lover of freedom and democracy, has
    consistently supported the most atrocious dictatorships, including
    Saddam, and even gone so far as to subvert and overthrow perfectly
    legitimate democratic governments when expedient. Perhaps this is quite
    simply the way all empires are built and maintained and the US is no
    less immune to this than any previous empire. Pity.

    With regard to OBL, it seems that Moore was incorrect in asserting that
    the bin Ladens were evacuated during the air travel lockdown. Otherwise
    I have not, so far, located any other inaccuracy in this context.

    Whether OBL is dead or not remains to be seen. There have, subsequent to
    9/11, been sporadic tapes allegedly starring OBL but who can tell if
    they are real? Me, I thought Saddam was long dead, but apparently he
    isn't.

    Still, it does seem strange that the US was unable to find OBL.

    Best Regards