Re:virus: ImmInst Book Project

From: metahuman (v1@metavirus.net)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 18:46:48 MST

    [Rhysenn]
    I'm not going to be here for the chat. But my thoughts on immortality: I'm opposed to it. I feel that death is natural and is meant to happen, and delaying death to a great extent can wreak havoc on the ecosystem and the environment. Humans may favor immortality to achieve their own ends, but i think the most important thing is to keep the grand scope of things in mind and attempt to maintain a balance with the natural environment. The world is overpopulated enough as it is, if the mortality rate keeps decreasing in relation to the birth rate poverty will greatly increase and standards of living will plummet.

    [metahuman]
    http://www.imminst.org/

    Read the FAQ and then answer these questions.

    Reproduction is natural.
    Why do we need to reproduce? What purpose does reproduction serve?

    Death is natural.
    Why do we as biological machines perish? What purpose does death serve?

    The pursuit of immortality is natural.
    Why do we strive for longer lifespans? What purpose would immortality serve?

    It's all very simple.

    ----
    This message was posted by metahuman to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=29782>