Re: virus: Trust versus Faith

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 21:05:01 MST

    You assume that these definitions are not effective, and you have said that you don't want to experiment with them to verify for youself whether they are, indeed, useful as I have claimed or uncommunicative as you have claimed.

    Because you objected so strongly, I've spoken to dozens of people on this topic and most of them find that my definitions are clear, functional and largely accurate.

    Someone pointed out that "trust is earned". But, I think this can be extrapolated from my definition.

    I agree with you that many people have attempted to confuse these two terms in an effort to prove God. I contend that merging the terms, as you want to do, leaves them open for continued abuse.

    Prove your point:

    Please use my terms, as I defined them, to prove that belief in God is rational.