virus: Old stuff for fun - solved

From: rick (aperick@centurytel.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 22:47:39 MST

    -----Original Message-------------------------------------------

    From: "Erik Aronesty" <erik@zoneedit.com>

    I'd like to restate a prediction I made on kurzweilai.net

    Biological innovations will the primary drive behind all improvements in
    intelligence, nanoassembly and more.

    Visions of artificial intelligences as superior to men are much further
    off because men will begin [to] enhance their own intellect firts -
    rather than rely on AI.

    Lilkewise, nanoassembly will be driven by genetically engineered
    bacteria and other microorganisms...

    Why reinvent the wheel?

    -----End Original Message ----------------------------------------

    Yes, let us hope that this will be so. Pure AI seems both difficult and
    scary! If anything is going to get super smart, I'd prefer that it to be
    me first. And I felt so strongly about it that I wrote a novella about
    it -- if you need to kill an hour or two you can read it at the website
    listed in my signature.

     --- automated signature -------------------------------------------
    Rick Woolley: Closet nudist*, Certified Scientist Type, Confirmed
    Atheist, radical thinker, notorious f__k-up, late bloomer, and
    self-proclaimed singular authority on the abysmal depths of human
    stupidity.

    * Part time comedian and recovering idealist ... now show me yours :-)
    http://home.centurytel.net/rickw aperick@centurytel.net

    "I have learned: there are three things never to discuss with people --
    politics, religion, and the Great Pumpkin." Linus

    Flippancy, sarcasm, violent humor, not avoiding hot-button topics: I try
    very hard to resist all such vices, but I am so weak.