RE: virus: The shape of things to come?

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 15:10:16 MST

    >From: "Jonathan Davis" <jonathan.davis@lineone.net>
    >To: <virus@lucifer.com>
    >Subject: RE: virus: The shape of things to come?
    >Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:50:36 -0000
    >
    >I see it differently B.
    >
    >The Spanish (well a small majority) have fallen victim to the fallacy
    of
    >appeasement. Prior to the bombings the Popular Party were on course for
    >comfortable win. The bombers (I suspect an ETA/Al Qaeda cooperative
    effort)
    >have had a major success in stunning the masses into capitulation and
    >terror-directed reaction.

    [Blunderov]I don't quite follow. Surely it is the MAJORITY that has, as
    you put it, fallen victim to the fallacy of appeasement? Are you blaming
    the swing vote but absolving the rest? If so, why?

    I know of no evidence linking ETA and al Quaeda. Do you have any? The
    possibility seems to me to be even more remote than that of al Quaeda
    forming an alliance with Iraq. ETA, I am told, are Marxist separatists.
    I can't imagine how their interests might coincide. Are they Muslim
    Marxists?

    In any case, while it is possible that al Quaeda may construe this
    result as being an appeasement, I suspect that he message of the Spanish
    electorate was intended not for al Quaeda but for the ears of their own
    government. The actual message was something like 'An overwhelming
    majority of us didn't want you to support Bushism. You went ahead and
    did it anyway and these are the fruits. And then you tried to lie to us
    by claiming it was the work of the Basques when you knew full well that
    it wasn't. With all these many lies you cynically held the harmony of
    your own nation hostage to your personal political convenience and then
    expected to be returned to office. Think again!'?

    I would bet money that both Bush and Blair got THIS message loud and
    clear.

    Best regards