RE: virus: A fuzzy story

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 08:59:16 MST

    From: owner-virus@lucifer.com [mailto:owner-virus@lucifer.com] On Behalf
    Of rhinoceros
    <snip>
     Lukasiewicz read one side of the card: The sentence on the other side
    of this card is true. He turned the card over and saw: The sentence on
    the other side of this card is false.
    </snip>

    [Blunderov]
    In a galaxy far, far away (London in the early 70's actually) I happened
    to be searched in a vice squad raid on the Kensington market. (Just down
    the road from the Albert Hall, it was a popular hangout).

    The newbie vice squad cop who was turning out my pockets insisted on me
    describing every item to him, no matter how innocent.

    'Wot's this then?' 'It's a copy of 'Adventures in the Skin Trade' by a
    very famous author named Dylan Thomas.'

    'Wot's this then?' 'It's a packet of Rizla cigarette papers.' 'Don't
    tell me, you roll your own, right?' 'Right!'

    And then the magic moment; he happened upon a scrap of paper on which I
    had written Zeno's paradox exactly as described, one statement on each
    side.

    'Wot's this then?' (What glee) 'It's a paradox!' I chirped.

    I will never forget the sight of him turning and re-turning the piece of
    paper and glaring at what he read with hostile suspicion!

    Oh, and I wasn't busted - they found nothing else of interest.

    Best Regards